Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Biggest Scare of My Life!!!





My little man, Trystan definitely keeps me on my toes. Today though, he just scared me beyond belief and I mean hysterical crying scared. We were just ready to go pick up Ysabella from school and I ran upstairs to use the restroom before we left. Trystan was sitting on the couching watching that PBS cartoon, Word Girl. I came downstairs and he wasn't on the couch. I poked my head out the back door because sometimes he will go out and play in the backyard. No Trystan. I went next door to my friend's Codey and Kristi's house because they are Aunt and Uncle to my kids and he wasn't there...that's when I started getting scared. My other friends live two doors down and we checked there as well and Trystan was just no where in sight!My friend Aaron got on his bike and rode to check at my daycare providers house because Trystan had been upset that he had left his cup there so we thought maybe he went there. By this time, I am freaking out and I am late picking up Ysabella. My friends kept looking for him and I drove over to the school to pick her up. I was going to call the police as soon as I had her and was on my way back. I double parked a car and left my car running right across the street from the school and ran to find Bella. People were looking at me like I had lost my mind because tears were just streaming down my face. Right as I heard Ysabella say my name I look down and there is my little boy, all safe and sound and all grins and proud that he came and picked up Bella from school. I couldn't even say anything...I just grabbed him and was holding on to him for dear life and completely broke down, The principal came running over and asked if everything was ok and one of the sweet sisters from my ward was right there as well. I have NEVER been more scared in my life and more relieved too. Needless to say, the kids have not left my sight today afterwards and I am just so thankful that Heavenly Father looked after my little boy who decided to walk by himself four blocks away and across a fairly busy intersection!

1 comment:

Our Corner said...

Holy Cow what a heart stopper. I am glad you found him okay. I would have been freaking out.